Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Miriam Quiambao, LGBT and Jesus

(Disclaimer: This blog is written by Dennis Sia-Sy, http://www.dennissy.com)
Miriam Quiambao
       I think, in my humble opinion, saying your stand on the LGBT, or asking your guest to say his/her stand on national TV is a lose-lose situation.         Every time the issue of homosexuality and Christianity comes up, expect nothing but heated arguments and more controversies. I think Miriam Quiambao now knows this and is experiencing that right now.
      As a Christian, what Miriam said was not her opinion but God’s. I think Boy Abunda knew her stand even before he asked her since she already made a statement on the transgender issue of the Ms. Universe pageant the previous weeks.

What I’m saying is this:
      You see Miriam is coming from a biblical worldview that dictates her moral stand on issues while Boy Abunda is also coming from a worldview that dictates his moral standard on that issue.
     What is interesting is how the LGBT community and some people reacted to Miriam’s statement accusing her of slandering the LGBT and how she is so self-righteous. The attitude they felt that        Miriam exhibited is the same attitude that they are exhibiting to express their worldview.
     Another thing that I find quite disturbing is how we assume that just because I don’t agree with you and you don’t agree with me, then it means that I hate you and that you hate me, which should follow that we can’t co-exist. I have friends who are homosexuals and some are in church – they still attend church and we are still friends. And I genuinely love them just the same. Why? Because the grace of God is present and the same way God’s grace is working in me to help me with the sins I am struggling with – He also does with my homosexual friend.
    I am thankful that I have vegetarian friends who still hang out with me though we don’t have the same beliefs when it comes to food. I don’t receive hate because we differ in our convictions. We just have different world views when it comes to food. It doesn't mean we can’t co-exist and live harmoniously. I think God’s grace is more powerful than any sin that is present. So to people who would say he who has no sin cast the first stone – make sure not to throw some stones at people who don’t agree with your worldview.
     As a Christian, at the end of the day – it is not what I think that matters, but what God thinks. If you have a problem with God’s moral standard, you really do have to take it up with God. And this is not limited to homosexuality but every other sin known to mankind.
      I love how Mark Driscoll answered the question: Is homosexuality a sin? Hope this video helps.

Courtesy: Ptr. Dennis Sy of Victory-Greenhills

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well putanginang diyos mo. the philippines is not a theocracy